Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What a workout

I had my first physical therapy session yesterday. It started with a review of the Doctors notes which the therapist(PT) translated into English as having two herniated disc. That shocked me because when I talked to the Doctor he mention three different disc with issues but really only elaborated on one of them so I figured that was my only issue. Next the PT asked what I did for a living and after explaining my career to him he recommended my finding a new line of work. He also asked if I needed to ever be able to lift a hundred pounds again! I couldn't believe the way he was talking about my life... After that he wanted to find any issues and weakness in my back and legs so he pushed and pulled until I had sweet coming down my forehead. Once this "massive" workout was done I realized that I had performed the astounding equivalent of a runner stretching before their daily jog...disgusting. Needless to say that was a vicodin night. Sara was so nice that she slept on the couch so see didn't disturb me. Isn't she great! I have another appointment this Thursday so wish me luck.

5 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Steve and Sara said...

Thanks Babe!! I hope you are feeling better soon.

In this case, I would take the PT's advice to the mattresses ;0) Do you remember what that is from?

What movie?? LOL

Love you!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Lillian D said...

Ouch!!! Why does he seem to think your activities will be limited from now on? Can the disc's not be moved back into place or do you have to live with this for the rest of your life? I'll tlak to you later. LOL, XXX, Mom

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

Wow. I hope he was exaggerating! How is work handling this? Take care of that back.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Steve and Sara said...

Ok honey... new post time!!! ;0)

LOVE YOU!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger TheMildrens said...

This is why PT stands for "Physical TERRORIST" not that I would know anything about that, or have any biased opinion or anything... HAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home